Mama Did It Again

My Mom was overwhelmed with the votes she got during the past Barangay election. There are only 7 registered voters in our family and relying on our own will not make her win. But with the help of her allies (her "partido") she landed fourth on the just concluded canvassing of election returns. Actually, all of them won. Their effort was really paid off...

Before the election or even by the time that she manifested to us that she will run again, I was the first who discouraged her. I know the complexity of being part of the Barangay Officials. Though it's true that Barangay is the smallest unit of the society but the responsibilities of being an official was bigger than we think. I remembered here always sharing about her conflict with someone about this and that and I told her bluntly not to run again on the next election to spare her under such predicament. But she didn't take my advice...

During the start of the campaign period she told me to support her all the way. I just reassured her that I will provide leaflets for her and I really did. No cash involved. Then she texted me one week before the election to make an appearance before my friends to seek for their support and I told her there's no need for me to do so because if the position is really meant for her, she will got it. She got mad and for one week she did not texted me anymore. I tried to understand her and I prayed to God that whatever His will is for my Mom, let it be done.

By God's will, she made it. She's happy and we are now in good terms. Actually, I approached her on the day of the election. I know her so well, by heart she's still the loving Mom I grew up with...

To my Mom, CONGRATULATIONS!



0 comments: