Divisoria: Then and Now...

I used to have so many addresses before...

I was born in a remote barangay of Claveria, Misamis Oriental...
But when things went wrong with my family, we've been through different places.

I earned my First Honor ribbon during my First Grade in Canitoan, Kalilangan Bukidnon...
I first learned the realities in life at Musuan Bukidnon...
And met my First crush...
I was reunited with my brothers and sisters in Cagayan de Oro...
And now, my life was mostly orchestrated, directed here in this City of Golden Friendship.

I finally settled here in year 1996 to finish my secondary school...
It is on this city where I earned my degree, infatuated and then into serious relationship.

Cagayan de Oro is the place where I learned lot of things.
By the time I came here, the city was not that progressive yet. Many buildings are still due for completion. I still witness the rise of the Maxandrea Hotel, the tallest hotel by that time then.
I've been to Divisoria but not as often as I do right now. I almost passed by at Divisoria almost everyday.
I've seen the big changes that had happened. Now, people are everywhere especially during weekends at Divisoria for the Night Cafe.
Yesterday, I was tagged on the old picture of Divisoria, and I was amazed (Thanks to Mr. Francisco Rafael del Puerto).
This is how the Old Divisoria looks like half a century ago...
Divisoria today

Upon pondering on the picture I appreciated the simplicity that it used to be...
I am not against of the development, I am just not into its effect especially with the influence it gave to the younger generations.
If you compare Divisoria then and now, well the old ones and the conservative ones will love how it looks almost half a century ago than now.

Would you agree with me?




0 comments: